There are several ongoing projects that might be of interest to readers.
The Laundromat Fairy Tales is a series of stories that are retellings of classic fairy tales and myths, mashed up with modern considerations. Many are inspired by news articles or social media posts from a variety of sources. Several of these stories can be found published online.
- A Year and a Day (The Little Mermaid)
- Spindle Talk (Sleeping Beauty)
- Pumpkin and Glass (Cinderella)
Several more in the series include the following:
- Apples to Apples, Dust to Dust (Cinderella)
- Tale of the Floorboards (The Emperor’s New Clothes)
- Fiend and Fair (Beauty & the Beast)
- Of Planting Spoiled Beans (Jack & the Beanstalk)
- Urdon (Snow White & Rose Red)
- Things Remembered (Persephone & Hades)
A second project is a piece of serial fiction. Peter Price, the Pumpkin Prince has been in-progress since 2011. It’s about the titular Peter Price who takes a walk out under the trees on his fifteenth birthday, and discovers that the world he knows maybe isn’t quite what he believes it is.
Each section is written and posted on Halloween. You can find the site here: peterpricethepumpkinprince.wordpress.com Each post is locked, but you can check it out: #PumpkinKing